Saturday 18 June 2011

What music looks like

Amon Tobin has been one of my favorite artists, always part of my playlists, since my step-father introduced me to him about 6 years ago, when the Chaos Theory soundtrack was released. However, his first album (as Amon Tobin), Bricolage might have been the album I loved the most.
What a great surprise when I discovered that his new album ISAM was coming out. The surprise was even greater when I saw the preview of what had been built for the tour, this incredible 3D video montage of which you can get a preview in the video at the bottom of the article. I had to show it to my step-father, and literally a few seconds after it ended, he was on the "Roundhouse" website, buying 2 tickets for us.

This show blew my brain apart, and I could bet that I will still be in recovery mode by the time you read this. The montage merges perfectly with the music, really giving you the feeling that what you see is what you hear, which is quite a mind bogging experience. It appears that I am not the only one who appreciated it ("ISAM's live show looks like a mindfuck to the highest order", says a Wired reporter, and I couldn't have put it better). The tour might be extended. If you have a chance to see it, go for it, be one of the few thousands of people who will remember what this show sounded, looked and felt like. Seeing Amon live is a once in a lifetime experience, and the stage is just unbelievable.

I want to applaud once more Amon Tobin for his great works and V squared labs for their work on this show.



No comments:

Post a Comment