Tuesday 8 March 2011

X Plane



This is a huge program; Basically allowing you to fly any plane anywhere in a very realistic world.
I tried it, downloading the free trial version (X Plane Download Centre), you have something like minutes of flight in a row, then you must restart it to continue (the actual program costs $29). It is not too hard to just begin with going up, down, left, right, but gets tricky if you want to go further in the little time you get.
You can also get it for your iPad, iPhone, Android in a simpler version.

The best thing about this program may be the “Plane maker” which allows you to build a plane, it includes choosing from what type of engine you want, including their full properties (max height, thrust…), to its shape.
Finally you can include it in X Plane in order to fly it. 

I’m sure I haven’t seen everything about this plane maker because I could barely understand what they asked on some pages, I just followed an online tutorial to make a “simple” plane (Click here to find it). I guess I’ll get to understand all these later, and I can’t wait to be able to virtually build my own plane and fly it!

This video, which is the trailer for the next version of X Plane (10), gives you a good idea of the possibilities of this simulator:


No comments:

Post a Comment